WHAT IS NFWHW?
National Farmworker Women’s Health Week is a public awareness campaign aimed at increasing public consciousness and understanding of the health risks farmworker women face, and as an extension, their families from working in the fields.
WHEN IS NFWHW?
NFWHW will be celebrated from May 15-21, 2022.
- Raise awareness about the amazing contributions farmworker women have given to society while facing daily challenges due to inequity in access to health, wage, education, and more.
- Raise awareness and provide education on the devastating health effects that farmworker women face due to pesticide exposure, especially during pregnancy. It may lead to miscarriages, preterm births, low birth weight, birth defects, and earning problems in children.
The goal is to create a lasting conversation about the health issues facing farmworker women as well as support for programs and efforts that work to educate and mitigate those health problems, thus improving overall farmworker women’s health education via a virtual format.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Because farmworker women matter and are essential.
- Because your organization can connect with farmworkers, advocates, and the general public in a virtual format.
- Because together our voice is stronger.